Re: CRUSH rule seems to work fine not for all PGs in erasure coded pools

As per your ceph status it seems that you have 19 pools, all of them are erasure coded as 3+2?

It seems that when you taken the node offline ceph could move some of the PGs to other nodes (it seems that that one or more pools does not require all 5 osds to be healty. Maybe they are replicated, or not 3+2 erasure coded?)

Theese pgs are the active+clean+remapped. (Ceph could successfully put theese on other osds to maintain the replica count / erasure coding profile, and this remapping process completed)

Some other pgs do seem to require all 5 osds to be present, these are the "undersized" ones.

One other thing, if your failure domain is osd and not host or a larger unit, then Ceph will not try to place all replicas on different servers, just different osds, hence it can satisfy the criteria even if one of the hosts are down. This setting would be highly inadvisable on a production system!

Denes.