Re: Cephfs Hadoop Plugin and CEPH integration

Orit,

As I mentioned, I have cephfs in production for almost two years.
Can I use this installed filesystem or I need to start from scratch? If the first is true, is there any tutorial that you recommend on adding s3 on an installed base, or to ceph in general?
Does s3 or swifta (for hadoop or spark) have integrated data-layout APIs for local processing data as have cephfs hadoop plugin?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the matter. As I was exclusively a CephFS user, I didn't touch RGW yet. Gonna learn everything now. Any hint is going to be welcome.

Thanks and regards,
Aristeu

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 7:26 PM, Aristeu Gil Alves Jr
<aristeu.jr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greg and Donny,
>
> Thanks for the answers. It helped a lot!
>
> I just watched the swifta presentation and it looks quite good!

I would highly recommend using s3a and not swifta as it is much more
mature and is more used.

Cheers,
Orit