Re: force scrubbing

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:01 AM Kenneth Waegeman <kenneth.waegeman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a way to force scrub a pg of an erasure coded pool?

I tried  ceph pg deep-scrub 5.4c7, but after a week it still hasn't
scrubbed the pg (last scrub timestamp not changed)

Much to my surprise, it appears you can't force a scrub to start immediately, or even to be the next one in the queue. :/ I think you can hack around it with the correct combination of scrub settings; maybe one of the more experienced cluster admins can tell you. (Something about turning down the scrubs allowed to zero and the scrub intervals to very large numbers? Then telling it to scrub the one you want and increasing the number of allowed scrubs to 1?)

Anyway, can you submit a ticket for that feature? It would be pretty useful.