Re: Journal / WAL drive size?

Aah, ok. That makes sense. For what it's worth, I'm using Proxmox and Proxmox doesn't seem to create the WAL, only the DB, hence the command I used to specifically create them both.

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Richard Hesketh <richard.hesketh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23/11/17 16:13, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi Caspar,
>
> Thanx. I don't see any mention that it's a bad idea to have the WAL and DB on the same SSD, but I guess it could improve performance?

It's not that it's a bad idea to put WAL and DB on the same device - it's that if not otherwise specified the WAL is automatically included in the same partition with the metadata DB, so there is no point to making them go in different partitions on the same device unless you are specifically doing testing/debugging and it's helpful to split them out so you can watch them separately. Just use the --block.db argument without --block.wal mentioned at all.

Rich

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers
Website: http://www.rudiahlers.co.za