Re: luminous - 12.2.1 - stale RBD locks after client crash

See previous threads about this subject [1][2] and see step 6 in the
upgrade notes [3].

[1] http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2017-September/020722.html
[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg41718.html
[3] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/release-notes/#upgrade-from-jewel-or-kraken

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 2:50 AM, Nikola Ciprich
<nikola.ciprich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello ceph users and developers,
>
> I've stumbled upon a bit strange problem with Luminous.
>
> One of our servers running multiple QEMU clients crashed.
> When we tried restarting those on another cluster node,
> we got lots of fsck errors, disks seemed to return "physical"
> block errors. I figured this out to be stale RBD locks on volumes
> from the crashed machine. Wnen I removed the locks, everything
> started to work. (for some volumes, I was fixing those the another
> day after crash, so it was >10-15hours later)
>
> My question is, it this a bug or feature? I mean, after the client
> crashes, should locks somehow expire, or they need to be removed
> by hand? I don't remember having this issue with older ceph versions,
> but I suppose we didn't  have exclusive locks feature enabled..
>
> I'll be very grateful for any reply
>
> with best regards
>
> nik
> --