Re: how to improve performance

Am 2017-11-21 13:12, schrieb Rudi Ahlers:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 09:21:58 +0200 Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Ok, so I have 4 physical servers and need to setup a highly redundant
> cluster. How else would you have done it? There is no budget for a SAN,
let
> alone a highly available SAN.

As I said, I'd be fine doing it with Ceph, if that was a good match.
It's easy to starve resources with hyperconverged clusters.

Since you're using proxmox, DRBD would be an obvious alternative,
especially if you're not planning on growing this cluster.

You only mentioned 3 servers so far, is the fourth one non-Ceph?

From what I have read, DRBD isn't very stable?

The 4th one will be for backups.

Hi,
unfortunality drbd isn't realy useable in proxmox-ve anymore.
Linbit changed the licence and proxmox droped drbd-support.
Linbit create an own repository and changed the licence back, but there are no real user base.

Udo