Re: Ceph cluster network bandwidth?

Thank you John! Would you also know if the same is true for Erasure coding?
Is it the client or an OSD that is splitting the request into k+m chunks?
What about reads? Is it the client assembling the erasures or is the primary
OSD proxying each read request?

Also, for replicated sets people often forget that it's not just writes. When
the client is reading data, it comes from the primary OSD only and does not
generate extra traffic on the cluster network. So in the 50/50 read-write use
case the public and cluster traffic would actually be balanced:
1x read + 1x write on public / 2x write replication on cluster.

Regards,
Anthony