Re: Rename iscsi target_iqn

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 3:30 AM, Frank Brendel
<frank.brendel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Am 17.11.2017 um 14:09 schrieb Jason Dillaman:
>>>
>>> how can I rename an iscsi target_iqn?
>>
>> That operation is not supported via gwcli.
>
> Is there a special reason for that or is it simply not implemented?

It's not implemented. Is that even supported by targetcli? AFAIK, LIO
would require you to delete and recreate the target if you wanted to
rename it.

>>> And where is the configuration that I made with gwcli stored?
>>
>> It's stored in a JSON object within the 'rbd' pool named "gateway.conf".
>
> To start from scratch I made the following steps:
>
> 1. Stop the iSCSI gateway on all nodes 'systemctl stop rbd-target-gw'
> 2. Remove the iSCSI kernel configuration on all nodes 'targetctl clear'
> 3. Remove gateway.conf from rbd pool 'rados -p rbd rm gateway.conf'
> 4. Start the iSCSI gateway on all nodes 'systemctl start rbd-target-api'
>
> Is this the recommended way?

Recommended way to do what, exactly? If you are attempting to rename
the target while keeping all other settings, at step (3) you could use
"rados get" to get the current config, modify it, and then "rados put"
to uploaded before continuing to step 4.

> Thank you
> Frank

Jason