Re: VM Data corruption shortly after Luminous Upgrade

Wow, Thanks for the heads-up Jason. That explains a lot. I followed the instructions here http://ceph.com/releases/v12-2-0-luminous-released/ which apparently left out that step. I have now executed that command.

Is there a new master list of the cli’s?

From: Jason Dillaman [mailto:jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:53 AM
To: James Forde <jimf@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] VM Data corruption shortly after Luminous Upgrade

Are your QEMU VMs using a different CephX user than client.admin? If so, can you double-check your caps to ensure that the QEMU user can blacklist? See step 6 in the upgrade instructions [1]. The fact that "rbd resize" fixed something hints that your VMs had hard-crashed with the exclusive lock left in the locked position and QEMU wasn't able to break the lock when the VMs were restarted.