Re: Cephfs snapshot work

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Brady Deetz <bdeetz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My organization has a production  cluster primarily used for cephfs upgraded
> from jewel to luminous. We would very much like to have snapshots on that
> filesystem, but understand that there are risks.
>
> What kind of work could cephfs admins do to help the devs stabilize this
> feature?

I would say from admin point of view have an equivalent smaller non
production cluster
with some decent workloads(or a subset of data can be copied to this
cluster), you can then try
the features you want to try on non production cluster, it will have
smaller data set but would still
help to characterize how it would perform and if you encounter issues
you can use http://tracker.ceph.com/
to file for an issue and get some attention around it and know more.