Re: Blog post: storage server power consumption

Online does that on C14 (https://www.online.net/en/c14)

IIRC, 52 spining disks per RU, with only 2 disks usable at a time
There is some custom hardware, though, and it is really design for cold
storage (as an IO must wait for an idle slot, power-on the device, do
the IO, power-off the device and release the slot)
They use 1GB as a block size

I do not think this will work anyhow with Ceph