答复: Re: Luminous LTS: `ceph osd crush class create` isgone?

> With the caveat that the "ceph osd crush set-device-class" command only works on existing OSD's which already have a default assigned class so you cannot plan/create your classes before > adding some OSD's first.
> The "ceph osd crush class create" command could be run without any OSD's configured.

That is not true. "ceph osd crush set-device-class" will fail if the input OSD has already been assigned a class. Instead you should do "ceph osd crush rm-device-class" before proceeding.

Generally you don't have to pre-create an empty class and associate some specific OSDs with that class through  "ceph osd crush set-device-class" later, as the command will automatically create it if it does not exist.

Also you can simply disable the "auto-class" feature by setting "osd_class_update_on_start" to false, and then newly created OSDs will be bound to no class(e.g., hdd/ssd).

Otherwise you have to do "ceph osd crush rm-device-class" before you can safely reset OSDs' class to any freeform as you wish.

原始邮件