Re: oVirt/RHEV and Ceph

I haven't seen much talk about direct integration with oVirt. Obviously it
kind of comes down to oVirt being interested in participating. But, is the
only hold-up getting development time toward an integration or is there
some kind of friction between the dev teams?
We use Ceph Kraken with oVirt 4.1 for a half year.

You need OpenStack Cinder as a mapper. oVirt manager does not know how to communicate with the RBD itself, but know about Cinder API. Cinder can operate with many storage, oVirt use it as "External provider". May be looks ugly, but works flawless. I was installed RDO on livbirt across with oVirt Manager - so it's still one bare metal device for manage everything. Also this is single point of failure, but not affected on running VM, because VM don't know anything about Cinder, qemu communicate with Ceph cluster only. Just make you engine-backup and OpenStack database backup once at hour/day.

There, on ovirt-users mail list Matthias Leopold perform first tests with Luminous. I'm on the way to Luminous, too.

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Shalygin