Re: Speeding up garbage collection in RGW

Thank you so much for chiming in, Ben.

Can you explain what each setting value means? I believe I understand min wait, that's just how long to wait before allowing the object to be cleaned up.  gc max objs is how many will be cleaned up during each period?  gc processor period is how often it will kick off gc to clean things up?  And gc processor max time is the longest the process can run after the period starts?  Is that about right for that?  I read somewhere saying that prime numbers are optimal for gc max objs.  Do you know why that is?  I notice you're using one there.  What is lc max objs?  I couldn't find a reference for that setting.

Additionally, do you know if the radosgw-admin gc list is ever cleaned up, or is it an ever growing list?  I got up to 3.6 Billion objects in the list before I killed the gc list command.