Re: Ceph-ISCSI

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:03:59 -0400, Jason Dillaman wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Samuel Soulard
> <samuel.soulard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hmmm, If you failover the identity of the LIO configuration including PGRs
> > (I believe they are files on disk), this would work no?  Using an 2 ISCSI
> > gateways which have shared storage to store the LIO configuration and PGR
> > data.
>
> Are you referring to the Active Persist Through Power Loss (APTPL)
> support in LIO where it writes the PR metadata to
> "/var/target/pr/aptpl_<wwn>"? I suppose that would work for a
> Pacemaker failover if you had a shared file system mounted between all
> your gateways *and* the initiator requests APTPL mode(?).

I'm going off on a tangent here, but I can't seem to find where LIO
reads the /var/target/pr/aptpl_<wwn> PR state back off disk -
__core_scsi3_write_aptpl_to_file() seems to be the only function that
uses the path. Otherwise I would have thought the same, that the
propagating the file to backup gateways prior to failover would be
sufficient.

Cheers, David