Re: decreasing number of PGs

Just remember that the warning appears at > 300 PGs/OSD, but the recommendation is 100.  I would try to reduce your PGs by 1/3 or as close as you can to that. My learning cluster I had to migrate data between pools multiple times reducing the number of PGs as I went until I got to a more normal amount. It affected the clients a fair bit, but that cluster is still a 3 node cluster in active use.

Note that the data movements were rsync, dd, etc for rbds and cephfs.

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017, 8:54 AM Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions and help

Andrei

From: "David Turner" <drakonstein@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jack" <ceph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, 2 October, 2017 22:28:33
Subject: Re: decreasing number of PGs
Adding more OSDs or deleting/recreating pools that have too many PGs are your only 2 options to reduce the number of PG's per OSD.  It is on the Ceph roadmap, but is not a currently supported feature.  You can alternatively adjust the setting threshold for the warning, but it is still a problem you should address in your cluster.

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 4:02 PM Jack <ceph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You cannot;