Re: right way to recover a failed OSD (disk) when using BlueStore ?

I'm pretty sure that the process is the same as with filestore. The cluster doesn't really know if an osd is filestore or bluestore... It's just an osd running a daemon.

If there are any differences, they would be in the release notes for Luminous as changes from Jewel.