Re: tunable question

Hi Dan, list,

Our cluster is small: three nodes, totally 24 4Tb platter OSDs, SSD journals. Using rbd for VMs. That's it. Runs nicely though :-)

The fact that "tunable optimal" for jewel would result in "significantly fewer mappings change when an OSD is marked out of the cluster" is what attracts us.

Reasoning behind it: upgrading to "optimal" NOW, should result in faster rebuild-time when disaster strikes, and we're all stressed out. :-)

After the jewel upgrade, we also upgraded the tunables from "(require bobtail, min is firefly)" to "hammer". This resulted in approx 24 hours rebuild, but actually without significant inpact on the hosted VMs.

Is it safe to assume that setting it to "optimal" would have a similar impact, or are the implications bigger?

MJ