Re: RBD features(kernel client) with kernel version

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 12:07 AM, Muminul Islam Russell
<misla011@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ilya,
>
> Hope you are doing great.
> Sorry for bugging you. I did not find enough resources for my question.  I
> would be really helped if you could reply me. My questions are in red
> colour.
>
>      - layering: layering support:
> Kernel: 3.10 and plus, right?

Yes.

>      - striping: striping v2 support:
> What kernel is supporting this feature?

Only the default striping v2 pattern (i.e. stripe unit == object size
and stripe count == 1) is supported.

>     - exclusive-lock: exclusive locking support:
> It's supposed to be 4.9. Right?

Yes.

> rest the the features below is under development? or any feature is
> available in any latest kernel?
>   - object-map: object map support (requires exclusive-lock):
>   - fast-diff: fast diff calculations (requires object-map):
>   - deep-flatten: snapshot flatten support:
>   - journaling: journaled IO support (requires exclusive-lock):

The former, none of these are available in latest kernels.

A separate data pool feature (rbd create --data-pool <EC pool>) is
supported since 4.11.

Thanks,

                Ilya