trying to understanding crush more deeply

Hi Sage  and all :
    I am tring to understand cursh more deeply. I have tried to read
the code and paper, and search the mail list archives ,  but I still
have some questions and can't understand it well.
    If I have 100 osds, and when I add a osd ,  the osdmap changes,
and how the pg is recaulated to make sure the data movement is
minimal.  I tried to use crushtool --show-mappings --num-rep 3  --test
 -i map , through changing the map for 100osds and 101 osds , to look
the result , it looks like the pgmap changed a lot .  Shouldn't the
remap  only happen to some of the pgs ? Or crush from adding  a pg is
different from a new osdmap ? I konw I must understand something
wrong. I appreciate if you can explain more about the logic of adding
a osd . Or is there  more doc that I can read ? Thank you very much
!!! : )