Re: Clarification on sequence of recovery and client ops after OSDs rejoin cluster (also, slow requests)

Hi,

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 10:06 AM, Christian Theune <ct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> We’re doing the typical SSD/non-SSD pool separation. Currently we effectively only use 2 pools: rbd.hdd and rbd.ssd. The ~4TB OSDs in the rbd.hdd pool are “capacity endurance” SSDs (Micron S610DC). We have 10 machines at the moment with 10 OSDs on average (2 SSD, 1-2 capacity SSD and 6-7 HDDs).

Maybe this might be too confusing to how our pools are structured, so I’ll try to clear this up again:

We have a pool “rbd.ssd” which uses the OSDs in “datacenter rzob-ssd”.
This is an all-flash pool using inline journals and runs on Intel DC S3610.

The other pool is “rbd.hdd” which generally uses different disks:

* 2TB 7.k SATA HDDs which have a primary affinity of 0
* a couple of 8x600 GB SAS II HGST 3,5” 15k, which have a small primary affinity
* 1-2 Micron S610DC 3.8TB with a primary affinity of 1

The HDD pool has grown over time and we’re slowly moving it towards “endurance capacity” SSD models (using external journals on Intel NVME). That’s why it’s not a single OSD configuration.

Hope this helps,
Christian

Liebe Grüße,
Christian Theune