Re: output discards (queue drops) on switchport

Hi,

On 08.09.2017 15:59, Burkhard Linke wrote:
> On 09/08/2017 02:12 PM, Marc Roos wrote:
>>
>> Afaik ceph is is not supporting/working with bonding.
>>
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg35474.html
>> (thread: Maybe some tuning for bonded network adapters)
>
> CEPH works well with LACP bonds. The problem described in that thread is the
> fact that LACP is not using links in a round robin fashion, but distributes
> network stream depending on a hash of certain parameters like source and
> destination IP address. This is already set to layer3+4 policy by the OP.
>
> Regarding the drops (and without any experience with neither 25GBit ethernet
> nor the Arista switches):
> Do you have corresponding input drops on the server's network ports?

No input drops, just output drop

> Did you tune the network settings on server side for high throughput, e.g.
> net.ipv4.tcp_rmem, wmem, ...?

sysctl tuning is disabled at the moment. I tried sysctl examples from
https://fatmin.com/2015/08/19/ceph-tcp-performance-tuning/. But there is still
the same amount of output drops.

> And are the CPUs fast enough to handle the network traffic?

Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 v4 @ 3.20GHz should be fast enough. But I'm unsure. It's
my first Ceph cluster.

Later I'll upgrade from 12.1.2 => 12.2.0 and will some more test.

Regards,
Andreas