Luminous BlueStore EC performance

Hi all,

(Sorry if this shows up twice - I got auto-unsubscribed and so first attempt was blocked)

I'm keen to read up on some performance comparisons for replication versus EC on HDD+SSD based setups. So far the only recent thing I've found is Sage's Vault17 slides [1], which have a single slide showing 3X / EC42 / EC51 for Kraken. I guess there is probably some of this data to be found in the performance meeting threads, but it's hard to know the currency of those (typically master or wip branch tests) with respect to releases. Can anyone point out any other references or highlight something that's coming?

I'm sure there are piles of operators and architects out there at the moment wondering how they could and should reconfigure their clusters once upgraded to Luminous. A couple of things going around in my head at the moment:

* We want to get to having the bulk of our online storage in CephFS on EC pool/s...
*-- is overwrite performance on EC acceptable for near-line NAS use-cases?
*-- recovery implications (currently recovery on our Jewel RGW EC83 pool is _way_ slower that 3X pools, what does this do to reliability? maybe split capacity into multiple pools if it helps to contain failure?)

[1] https://www.slideshare.net/sageweil1/bluestore-a-new-storage-backend-for-ceph-one-year-in/37

--
Cheers,
~Blairo