Re: Small-cluster performance issues

Also examine your network layout.  Any saturation in the private cluster network or client facing network will be felt in clients / libvirt / virtual machines

As OSD count increases...
  • Ensure client network private cluster network seperation - different nics, different wires, different switches
  • Add more nics both client side and private cluster network side and lag them.
  • If/When your dept's budget suddenly swells...implement 10 gig-e.

Monitor, capacity plan, execute  :)

/Chris C