Re: mon osd down out subtree limit default

Great to hear.

Best

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 8:54 AM John Spray <jspray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Scottix <scottix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't want to hijack another thread so here is my question.
> I just learned about this option from another thread and from my
> understanding with our Ceph cluster that we have setup, the default value is
> not good. Which is "rack" and I should have it on "host".
> Which comes to my point why is it set to rack? To be on the safer side
> wouldn't the option make more sense as host as default? Then if you are rack
> aware then you can change the default.

Yes!

As it happens, we (Sage was in the room, not sure who else) talked
about this recently, and the idea was to make the default conditional
depending on system size.  So for smallish systems, we would set it to
host, and on larger systems it would be rack.

John