Re: Two clusters on same hosts - mirroring

Hi,

In my test/lab I'm working with a single node just for testing functionality... once it works, I will expand this configuration up to 10 nodes.

I'd like all hosts having a drive for live data and the other for DR and backup to tape.

Thanks a lot.

Personally, I didn't quite understand your use-case. You only have a
single host and two drives (one for live data and the other for DR)?

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Oscar Segarra <oscar.segarra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody has been able to work with mirroring?
>
> does has any sense the scenario I'm proposing?
>
> Thanks a lot.

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to use the mirroring feature
>>
>> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-mirroring/
>>
>> In my environment I have just one host (at the moment for testing purposes
>> before production deployment).
>>
>> I want to dispose:
>>
>> /dev/sdb for standard operatoin
>> /dev/sdc for mirror
>>
>> Of course, I'd like to create two clusters, each cluster with a pool
>> "mypool" and enable mirror.
>>
>> The final idea is using CephFS for exporting to tape my VMs in consistent
>> state without affecting production OSD /dev/sdb.
>>
>> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/createfs/
>>
>> Anybody has tried something similar? can anybody explain his experience?
>>
>> Thanks a lot.

Jason