Re: Rados lib object clone api

Thank you Greg,

I will look into it and I hope the self managed and pool snapshot will work for Erasure pool also, we predominantly use Erasure coding.

Thanks,
Muthu

On Wednesday, 2 August 2017, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 8:29 AM Muthusamy Muthiah <muthiah.muthusamy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Is there an librados API to clone objects ?

I could able to see options available on radosgw API to copy object and rbd to clone images. Not able to find similar options on librados native library to clone object.

It would be good if you can point be to right document if it is possible.

Thanks,
Muthu

There's not much librados documentation in general, but librados.h (ceph/src/include/rados/librados.h) has pretty good header docs and if you search for "snap" you will find a lot there. You can also search the lists and docs or check out my talk at the OpenStack Boston Ceph sessions for info about selfmanaged and pool snapshots for more background info.
-Greg