Re: Help! Access ceph cluster from multiple networks?

Our existing setup is as follows and we won't be able to change the network
configuration due to security limitations:
client 1:   rbd devices on 153.64.X.X network (1GE network)
client 2:   rbd devices on 10.25.X.X network (10GE fast switch)
single monitor and MDS server multihomed on both 153.64.X.X and
10.25.X.X network.
OSDs are also both on the 10GE fast network 10.25.X.X and slow
153.64.X.X network.

Our problem is that when I tried to specify multiple public networks
separated by comma in the ceph.conf file, the OSD nodes would only
communicate through the first network tuple specified.

[global]
mon host = 153.64.109.25
cluster network = 10.25.0.0/16
public network = 10.25.0.0/16,153.64.0.0/16

The idea is to allow rbd block devices on client 2 to perform faster
via 10GE network and at the same time to allow rbd devices on client1
to work via another network.

However,  client 2 would not connect with the above monitor for
obvious reason. and client 1 would connect but "rbd" commands would
fail because it is trying to communicate to OSDs with 10.25.0.0
network where it is not accessible from client1.

Anybody has any experience to  have made the "comma separated"
multiple public network work.

And also I wonder if it is possible to have the monitor daemon to
listen on multiple interfaces.
such as:
mon host = 153.64.109.25,10.25.3.8

Your help in this will be much appreciated!!

Sincerely,

Yang