Re: Writing data to pools other than filesystem

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:05 PM, <c.monty@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello!

My understanding is that I create on (big) pool for all DB backups written to storage.
The clients have restricted access to a specific directory only, means they can mount only this directory.

Can I define a quota for a specific directory, or only for the pool?

You can define quotas per directory but there are a number of caveats with quotas: http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/quota/

And do I need to define the OSD Restriction?

I think you would still need to do this if you have other pools

"To prevent clients from writing or reading data to pools other than those in use for CephFS, set an OSD authentication capability that restricts access to the CephFS data pool(s)."

THX