Re: best practices for expanding hammer cluster

In my case my cluster is under very little active load and so I have never had to be concerned about recovery operations impacting on client traffic. In fact, I generally tune up from the defaults (increase osx max backfills) to improve recovery speed when I'm doing major changes, because there's plenty of spare capacity in the cluster; and either way I'm in the fortunate position where I can place a higher value on having a HEALTH_OK cluster ASAP than on the client I/O being consistent.

Rich