Re: Problems getting nfs-ganesha with cephfs backend to work.

You mentioned the Kernel client works but the Fuse mount would be a better test in relation to the Ganesha FSAL.

The following config didn't give me the error you describe in 1) but I'm mounting on the client with NFSv4, not sure about 2), is that dm-nfs?

EXPORT
{
    Export_ID = 1;
    Path = "/";
    Pseudo = "/";
    Access_Type = RW;
    Squash = No_Root_Squash;
    SecType = "none";
    Protocols = "3", "4";
    Transports = "TCP";

    FSAL {
        Name = CEPH;
    }
}

Ganesha version 2.5.0.1 from the nfs-ganesha repo hosted on download.ceph.com
CentOS 7.3 server and client

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Micha Krause <micha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> Change Pseudo to something like /mypseudofolder

I tried this, without success, but I managed to get something working with version 2.5.

I can mount the NFS export now, however 2 problems remain:

1. The root directory of the mount-point looks empty (ls shows no files), however directories
   and files can be accessed, and ls works in subdirectories.

2. I can't create devices in the nfs mount, not sure if ganesha supports this with other backends.

Micha Krause