Delete unused RBD volume takes to long.

Hi,
does anyone have experienced or know why the delete process takes longer that a creation of a RBD volume.

My test was this:
  • Create a 1PB volume -> less than a minute
  • Delete the volume created -> like 2 days
The result was unexpected by me and till now, don't know the reason, the process of deletion was initiated exactly at the end of the creation, so the volume was never used.

About the environment:
  • Ubuntu trusty 64bits
  • 5 Servers cluster
  • 24 Intel SSD per server * 800GB each disk
  • Intel NVMe PCIe for journal
  • CEPH Hammer.
  • Replica 3
Hope that someone can tell me why this deletion takes so long.
Best.

--

ATTE. Alvaro Soto Escobar