Re: Ceph @ OpenStack Sydney Summit

Hi Trilliams,

Sounds good, I bet that would be popular among OpenStack new-comers.

I'm interested in seeing some content that looks forward at the next
couple of years of server and storage hardware roadmaps alongside new
and upcoming Ceph features (e.g. BlueStore, EC overwrite support) to
suggest best-practice architecture updates and discuss approaches to
migrating/adding things into existing clusters.

Cheers,

On 7 July 2017 at 22:15, T. Nichole Williams <tribecca@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I submitted a "ceph for absolute, complete beginners" presentation but idk if it will be approved since I'm kind of a newcomer myself. I'd also like a Ceph BoF.
>
> <3 Trilliams
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:50 PM, Blair Bethwaite <blair.bethwaite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Oops, this time plain text...
>>
>>> On 7 July 2017 at 13:47, Blair Bethwaite <blair.bethwaite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Are there any "official" plans to have Ceph events co-hosted with OpenStack Summit Sydney, like in Boston?
>>>
>>> The call for presentations closes in a week. The Forum will be organised throughout September and (I think) that is the most likely place to have e.g. Ceph ops sessions like we have in the past. Some of my local colleagues have also expressed interest in having a CephFS BoF.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> ~Blairo

Cheers,