Re: Writing to EC Pool in degraded state?

As long as you have the 7 copies online if you're using 7+2 then you can still work and read to the EC pool.  For EC pool, size is equivalently 9 and min_size is 7.

I have a 3 node cluster with 2+1 and I can restart 1 node at a time with host failure domain.