Re: Migrating RGW from FastCGI to Civetweb

On 11/07/17 17:08, Roger Brown wrote:
> What are some options for migrating from Apache/FastCGI to Civetweb for RadosGW object gateway *without* breaking other websites on the domain?
>
> I found documention on how to migrate the object gateway to Civetweb (http://docs.ceph.com/docs/luminous/install/install-ceph-gateway/#migrating-from-apache-to-civetweb), but not seeing how not to break the other sites when it says, "Migrating to use Civetweb basically involves removing your Apache installation."
>
> Example:
> @domain.tld, www.domain.tld <http://www.domain.tld>: served by Apache
> s3.domain.tld, *.s3.domain.tld: was served by Apache on the same server, but I want to serve it by Civetweb (maybe on different server) because I hear FastCGI support is going away.

I think it switching off apache is assumed because you can't have both listening on the same port. If I were you, I would leave apache listening on port 80/443, set up the RGW civetweb to run on some other port, and then configure your relevant vhosts in apache to reverse proxy to the civetweb install instead so that no client configuration has to change. The civetweb config is easy - just "rgw_frontends = civetweb port=8080" or whatever free port you want to use - you should be able to find plenty of guides on setting up an apache vhost as a reverse proxy if you google it.

Rich