Re: Access rights of /var/lib/ceph with Jewel

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:27:26 +0200 Marc Roos wrote:

> Looks to me by design (from rpm install), and the settings of the
> directorys below are probably the result of a user umask setting.

I know it's deliberate, I'm asking why.

> Anyway
> I can imagine that it is not nagios business to access those area's, for
> that you have: not?

 DISK CRITICAL - /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-30 is not accessible: Permission
denied

Of course putting nagios into the ceph group "fixes" this, but seriously,
the ROOT owned ceph directories in previous incarnations were not
protected as such and I see very little reason for this.

> ceph daemon osd.0 perf dump

I'm not interested in parsing this stuff in a yet to be written script
with (if some of the scripts out there are a not shining example) every osd
needed to be listed.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Rakuten Communications