Re: How to Rebuild libvirt + qemu packages with Ceph support on Debian 9.0 Stretch

On 07/08/2017 12:49 AM, Luescher Claude wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> It would be nice if somebody would write an up2date tutorial for this
> since Stretch is now the official distro or provide packages with ceph
> support on a separate repo.
>
> I have to say that it's a big FAIL for them that this important support
> functionality is not already included in the stock debian package!
>
> I believe kvm itself has the support but not libvirt. These are the
> stock packages:
I suspect that you may need the package 'qemu-block-extra' installed.
It has a dependency on such things as librados2, librbd1 (for Ceph) and
glusterfs-common, libiscsi7, etc.

From the package description:

"This package provides extra block device backend modules for
qemu-system emulation and qemu-img from qemu-utils package, which are
rarely used and has extra dependencies."

--
David Clarke
Systems Architect