About dmclock theory defect 答复: About dmClock tests confusion after integrating dmClock QoS library into ceph codebase

Hi Eric,
   We applied dmclock in ceph, but in actual environments only the limitation worked while the reservation and proportion had no real effect at all.
   After careful analysis, we find that the dmclock algrithm developed from the mclock algrithm, has great defects in theory.

   First of all , a corepremise of attaining reservation is that all requests which should be scheduled in reservation phase have been completed before
   it going into proportion phase.This means if the reservation heap has requests with R-tag smaller than current time, it should not process requests
   in proportion phase. It is very easy to get this point in single server. But in multi-server situation, some servers are in reservation phase while some
   in proportion phase. So the reservation can not be guaranteed at all.

   Second of all, a similar problem remains for proportion. Let's consider an extreme situation . There are 2 servers ,S1 and S2;2 clients C1,C2. All of requests
   from C1 go to S1 while all requests from C2 go to S2. In this case, proportion cannot be guaranteed . And requests are not equally distributed in real wolrd like
   ceph, which leads to the failure in proportion.

   So in conclusion,we think that dmclock can only work for limitation in theory.

   So what about your idea about our conclusion ?