Re: How to replicate metadata only on RGW multisite?

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 4:49 AM, Henrik Korkuc <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have RGW multisite setup on Jewel and I would like to turn off data
> replication there so that only metadata (users, created buckets, etc) would
> be synced but not the data.

FWIW, not in jewel, but in kraken the zone info has two params:
 - sync_from_all
 - sync_from

The first specifies whether zone should sync from all its peers
(within the same zonegroup), and the second one specifies what zones
to sync from (in case sync_from_all is false).

However, as I said, this doesn't exist in jewel. In jewel you can
still just put the zone in a separate zonegroup as data is synced only
within the same zonegroup. Metadata syncs from the master zone to any
other zones.

Yehuda