Re: Mapping data and metadata between rados and cephfs

You want to access the same data via a rados API and via cephfs?  Are you thinking RadosGW?

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 1:54 PM Lefman, Jonathan <jonathan.lefman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to create a 1-to-1 mapping between rados and cephfs. Here's the usage scenario:

1. Upload file via rest api through rados compatible APIs

2. Run "local" operations on the file delivered via rados on the linked cephfs mount

3. Retrieve/download file via rados API on newly created data available on the cephfs mount

I would like to know whether this is possible out-of-the-box; this will never work; or this may work with a bit of effort. If this is possible, can this be achieved in a scalable manner to accommodate multiple (10s to 100s) users on the same system?

I asked this question in #ceph and #ceph-devel. So far, there have not been replies with a way to accomplish this. Thank you.

-Jon