Re: rbd-fuse performance

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Daniel K <sathackr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a good way to mount ceph rbd images for export by
> LIO/targetcli

I would eventually recommend just directly serving the RBD images via
LIO/TCMU. This is still a work-in-progress but it's being actively
worked on with the goal of making it rock solid. You will need the
latest upstream of rtslib-fb, targetcli-fb, and tcmu-runner [1] in
addition to the most recent upstream kernel (>=4.12-rc7-ish).

We plan to document all the in-and-outs of the current implementation
as part of the Luminous release -- although it really only requires
Jewel. Additionally, there are also some new tools [2][3][4] to help
facilitate the configuration and management of a cluster of RBD-backed
iSCSI targets.

> I thought rbd-fuse looked good, except write performance is abysmal.

That tool should probably only be considered a proof-of-concept and
definitely not the foundation for any production workload.

[1] https://github.com/open-iscsi
[2] https://github.com/ceph/ceph-iscsi-tools
[3] https://github.com/ceph/ceph-iscsi-cli
[4] https://github.com/ceph/ceph-iscsi-config