Re: Multi Tenancy in Ceph RBD Cluster

I don't know specifics on Kubernetes or creating multiple keyrings for servers, so I'll leave those for someone else.  I will say that if you are kernel mapping your RBDs, then the first tenant to do so will lock the RBD and no other tenant can map it.  This is built into Ceph.  The original tenant would need to unmap it for the second to be able to access it.  This is different if you are not mapping RBDs and just using librbd to deal with them.

Multiple pools in Ceph are not free.  Pools are a fairly costly resource in Ceph because data for pools is stored in PGs, the PGs are stored and distributed between the OSDs in your cluster, and the more PGs an OSD has the more memory requirements that OSD has.  It does not scale infinitely.  If you are talking about one Pool per customer on a dozen or less customers, then it might work for your use case, but again it doesn't scale to growing the customer base.

RBD map could be run remotely via SSH, but that isn't what you were asking about.  I don't know of any functionality that allows you to use a keyring on server A to map an RBD on server B.

"Ceph Statistics" is VERY broad.  Are you talking IOPS, disk usage, throughput, etc?  disk usage is incredibly simple to calculate, especially if the RBD has object-map enabled.  A simple rbd du rbd_name would give you the disk usage per RBD and return in seconds.