Re: 答复: 答复: Can't start ceph-mon through systemctl start ceph-mon@.service after upgrading from Hammer to Jewel

Did you set "setuser match path" in your config?  If you look at the release notes for Infernalis, it outlines how to still use the ceph user.  Also to note below from Infernalis,

"Ceph daemons now run as user and group ceph by default. The ceph user has a static UID assigned by Fedora and Debian (also used by derivative distributions like RHEL/CentOS and Ubuntu). On SUSE the ceph user will currently get a dynamically assigned UID when the user is created."

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 11:40 PM, 许雪寒 <xuxuehan@xxxxxx> wrote:
I set the "mon_data" configuration item and "user" configuration item in my ceph.conf, and start ceph-mon using the user "ceph".
I tested directly calling "ceph-mon" command to start the daemon using "root" and "ceph", there were no problem. Only when starting through systemctl, the start failed.

发件人: David Turner [mailto:drakonstein@xxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2017年6月22日 20:47
收件人: 许雪寒; Linh Vu; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: Re: 答复: Can't start ceph-mon through systemctl start ceph-mon@.service after upgrading from Hammer to Jewel

Did you previously edit the init scripts to look in your custom location? Those could have been overwritten. As was mentioned, Jewel changed what user the daemon runs as, but you said that you tested running the daemon manually under the ceph user? Was this without sudo? It used to run as root under Hammer and would have needed to be chown'd recursively to allow the ceph user to run it.