Obtaining perf counters/stats from krbd client

Hi Ceph users,

We are currently using the Ceph kernel client module (krbd) in our deployment and we were looking to determine if there are ways by which we can obtain perf counters, log dumps, etc from such a deployment. Has anybody been able to obtain such stats?

It looks like the libvirt interface allows for an admin socket to be configured on the client (http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/libvirt/#configuring-ceph) into which you can issue commands, but is this specific to the librbd implementation?

Thanks,
Prashant

--
Prashant Murthy
Sr Director, Software Engineering | Salesforce