Re: VMware + CEPH Integration

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 5:29 AM, Osama Hasebou <osama.hasebou@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We would like to start testing using VMware with CEPH storage. Can people
> share their experience with production ready ideas they tried and if they
> were successful?
>
> I have been reading lately that either NFS or iSCSI are possible with some
> server acting as a gateway in between Ceph and VMware environment but NFS is
> better.

We have very good results running our Storcium system with NFS for
VMWare, the essence of storage delivery here is two ceph clients
running kernel NFS servers in a Pacemaker/Corosync cluster.  We
utilize NFS ACLs to restrict access and consume RBD as XFS
filesystems.

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev
Storcium