Re: Write back mode Cach-tier behavior

That's very likely what I tried to do too. Since I can't, I'll have to live with the "all in".
haha

Regards,

Webert Lima
DevOps Engineer at MAV Tecnologia
Belo Horizonte - Brasil

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 2:53 AM, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 08:58:07 -0300 Webert de Souza Lima wrote:

> Hey Christian.
>
> Which settings do you mean? I played a lot
> with hit_set_count, hit_set_period, min_read_recency_for_promote
> and min_write_recency_for_promote.
> They showed no effect when hit_set_count = 0.

Yes, that's what I meant, as in hit_set_count is an all or nothing setting.

Quite a while ago when these things were added with Jewel I was clamoring
for having a better control with respect to read and write promotes.
As in having split
osd_tier_promote_max_bytes_sec and osd_tier_promote_max_objects_sec
into _read and _write parameters.

In my use case I want all writes to go to the cache-tier all the time and
have a mostly bored and decent backing storage, thus can get away with
setting the cache-tier to readforward and go full blast on the writes.

But that's less than elegant of course.

Christian

--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer
chibi@xxxxxxx           Rakuten Communications