Re: Lumionous: bluestore 'tp_osd_tp thread tp_osd_tp' had timed out after 60

Hi Jake,

Thanks much. I'm guessing at this point this is probably a bug. Would you (or nokiauser) mind creating a bug in the tracker with a short description of what's going on and the collectl sample showing this is not IOs backing up on the disk?

If you want to try it, we have a gdb based wallclock profiler that might be interesting to run while it's in the process of timing out. It tries to grab 2000 samples from the osd process which typically takes about 10 minutes or so. You'll need to either change the number of samples to be lower in the python code (maybe like 50-100), or change the timeout to be something longer.

You can find the code here:

https://github.com/markhpc/gdbprof

and invoke it like:

udo gdb -ex 'set pagination off' -ex 'attach 27962' -ex 'source ./gdbprof.py' -ex 'profile begin' -ex 'quit'

where 27962 in this case is the PID of the ceph-osd process. You'll need gdb with the python bindings and the ceph debug symbols for it to work.

This might tell us over time if the tp_osd_tp processes are just sitting on pg::locks.

Mark