Re: DNS records for ceph

The private network is only used by OSD daemons. The mons, mds, rgw, and clients do not need access to this subnet. Ceph does not need DNS for anything.  DNS is very helpful when managing your cluster, so it is helpful to configure it for the public network.  As nothing talks to the private subnet, there is no benefit to configuring DNS for it.