Recommended API for Ruby on Ceph Object storage.

Hello,

I'm very new to Ceph, and I'm wondering if anyone using Ceph and Ruby has any recommendations on which API to use with Ceph and object storage.  It looks like there's some attempts at an API for librados on Ruby, but it doesn't look terribly complete.

The Swift API looks promising.  The example uses a gem called cloudfiles.  That gem looks rather old, and hasn't seen any updates since November 2013.  Is this complete, stable and maintained?

I noticed the SWIFT project itself provides some Ruby hooks:

https://github.com/ruby-openstack/ruby-openstack

Is there any reason I couldn't use this to access the Ceph object store?  It looks like ruby-openstack is based on cloudfiles.  If ruby-openstack is the prefered choice for ceph object store on Ruby, it'd be a good thing to mention it on the website.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd like to make an informed decision going in.