cache tiering write vs read promotion

Hello,

I'm using cache tiering with cephfs on latest ceph jewel release.

For my use case, I wanted to make new writes go "directly" to the cache pool , and any
use other logic for promoting when reading, like after 2 reads, for example.

I see that the following settings are available:

hit_set_count
hit_set_period
min_read_recency_for_promote
min_write_recency_for_promote

Playing with those values I could see that the only way I could make the first writes go directly to the cache pool was setting the  hit_set_count = 0. Doing that, the other options don't have any effect.

I tried setting the  hit_set_count and hit_set_period for any number above zero, and set min_write_recency_for_promote = 0 but that does not work as expected.

Is that possible? Could it be arranged?

Regards,

Webert Lima
DevOps Engineer at MAV Tecnologia